General

1. Preferred machines (for streaming)

Hi.
    We are pinball tournament streamers (JDL PINBALL) and would love to have a feature where particular machines (with our streaming rigs on) could be given priority in the selection for each round. This would prevent qualification rounds where neither of our rigs are set-up.

By the way, Matchplay is awesome, we use it for just about all of our tournaments here in Germany.

Cheers!
    Jim

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Best Game scoring option

Add a Best Game option format where the organizer can customize it and/or define it? It would give us TDs as bit more flexibilty…..

For example, this weekend we are doing a best game format across 6 pins where only the Top 5 on a pin get points (10/7/5/3/1), the rest get zero points.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add "Games played" column to best game format standings page

When playing a limited qualifier 'best game' format a lot of people have trouble figuring out how many games they have left to play.

Other issues are not knowing what position they are in based on scores around them since a lot of players wait until the last minute to put in their final game

Currently the only way to do it for players and TDs is to go into each profile on the standings page and count the number of games played manually.

If there is a simple column on the standings page with a number of games counted…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Issue a QR code for a series.

It would be good to have a QR code for a series that we can put on pins or posters.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Arena "Zones"

Create the ability to organize arenas by "zone". We have multiple venues with games in several smaller rooms/areas. There are many rounds that have the majority of the tournament in one room, leaving other rooms empty.

If matchplay could pull balanced arenas based on "zone" the distribution of people would be spread out throughout the venue.

Also, TDs could potentially set "zones" based on the era of game. Theoretically making sure that all types of games are being played each round.

Just an idea I've had.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Clone" tournament should set date to today

When using the "clone" tournament on an existing tournament, 99% of the time you're doing it to create a new tournament for today. The tournament date should be set to today, not the original tournament's date.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide more options to assigning arenas

I've noticed on TILT several people have requested more options for assigning arenas, mainly from a point of view to control crowds and spacing.

Example #1 from Ron - I am running a group matchplay tournament with 40 players and 30 arenas/games for 8 rounds. 2 of the games are upstairs, the other 28 are in the basement. For crowd dispersement purposes, I want the 2 upstairs games to be used every round. Is this doable in the Match Play software?

Example #2 from Chad - I run several tournaments a year at a private home that has games on…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delete a planned tournament

If I have a planned tournament I should be allowed to delete it since no statistics will be lost. If I accidentally clone the wrong tourney I can't delete it. I should be able to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Group Knockout, Progressive [Balanced] strikes (0/1/2/3)

Not sure if this would be a "new" format, or just an option on the existing Progressive strikes format.

The scheme is:
    0, 1, 2, 3 strikes for four players (same as Progressive)
    0, 1, 3 for three players (between Fair Strike and Progressive)
    0, 2 for two players (same as Fair Strike)

In a Fair Strike playing to 6 strikes guarantees players 3 rounds of play, and in this case, we'd play to 7 strikes (or maybe 8).

Reasoning behind this is a scheme where strikes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place are all different. Currently, in Fair…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Card based best game - display each machine's results in descending order

As it is now in the big screen view, each game's results are listed in the order of the players who have played it. I would suggest showing the best result on top and then in descending order.

It's entirely possible that I missed something and that this already exists...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Flip Frenzy Finals Option

When running Flip Frenzy competitions, I would like to have the option to select Flip Frenzy when selecting "create finals".

At all of my events, we do 3 hours of qualifying with the top 10 advancing the to Finals. The Finals consist of another 60 minute Flip Frenzy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Use Arena Banks during round robin play

Our Head-to-Head league sometimes plays multiple games during a session, and we like to arrange games by theme, average playing time, or dmd/ss/em style.

We have to jury rig the system to make this work and would like to allow banks to simplify the players' experience. Double round robin doesn't help.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add an Option in Swiss Formats to Draw Three-Player Games for Best Players

Right now the Swiss Format will assign three-player groups to the bottom of the standings. It would be appreciated to have an option where three-player groups are assigned to the top of the Standings. The better players arguably play longer games, and this will allow the assignment of three-player groups to those players which would potentially speed up play.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add win percentage option for Flip Frenzy standings

vs. most wins. Some people seem to prefer this metric and there are pros and cons to both. Would be nice to be able to choose.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide a Hide Queue option in Frenzies

Since we run frenzies with very small queues at Bluffs, I'd like to have the option to hide the queue, so that players can't game who they play.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add “Previous Round” and “Next Round” arrow buttons

On Matches page, just under the Select Round pull-down menu, add two buttons to immediately go back one round or advance one round.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3-4 Player Challenge Matches

Would love for a feature to expand on the current challenge match system to allow for 3 and 4 player challenge matches.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Implement traditional Flip Frenzy rules

1) Winners go back to the queue
    2) Losers get another shot on the same game they just lost on unless they have already played two games. This happens regardless of how many games are in the tournament.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Implement 'UK' Flip Frenzy rules

The way we're pretty consistently running Flip Frenzy tournaments in the UK now is that after a heads-up match on game X, player 2 stays on the machine (but now plays as player 1). The player that was Player 1 returns to the queue, and the next person from the queue joins the game (as player 2). In summary - you get two games on the machine (first as player 2, then as player 1) before returning to the queue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add the ‘Compare’ Button to the Player Listing to Compare against All Players in a Tournament

There is currently the ‘Compare’ function on any individual matchup within a round within an event. It would be nice to have a ‘Compare’ button at a Tournament level so as to be able to look across all players in a tournament to see your rating/percentage against everyone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base