Add Challenge Matches (quick head-to-head match-ups)
Easily challenge another player to a best-of-X challenge. Match Play would let you send a challenge to a another player. That person would accept the challenge and Match Play would walk you through the challenge game by game.
Results would be stored for each individual game and you'd be able to get an overview of results over time along with any other stats that can be thought up.
I’ve added an initial version of challenge matches to Match Play and I would love some feedback. A challenge match is a best-of-7 (or 3 or 5 or 9) series of games between two players. It works like this:
- One person (the challenger) sends a challenge to another person (the opponent)
- The opponent accepts (or rejects) the challenge
- Players play out the series, with the challenger recording the results are each game
- Match Play will automatically complete the challenge when the requisite amount of wins has been reached
- Past results are available for your viewing
This is the basic first version that I intend to improve on so I would love your feedback! On the Match Play Live home screen you’ll see a “Challenge Matches” button. Click that to get started!
I already have a list of things to improve, but I’d like your raw feedback.
The likely next step is to start calculating glicko ratings based on these results, so don’t enter dummy results, please!
John Delzoppo commented
Have you considered implementing the option to enter the machine name for each game of the challenge match? It would give more reason to look back over old challenges if the machines were listed rather than game number 1, 2, etc.