General

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Fix "balanced" arena picks

I frequently encounter the system picking the same games when some games have not been selected at all when using the Balanced option. I'm to the point of using random for fewer redraws as we have plenty of machines. I typically run 3 strike knockout tournaments with about 7 players and 20 machines, if that helps. Perhaps I am just not understanding the Balanced option? I thought it would try to select games that haven't been drawn in the tourney yet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There’s a bit of a misunderstanding of what the balanced arena setting does. The balanced setting’s only goal is to make sure players do not play the same machine multiple times.

It does not attempt to spread out games over all the available arenas in the tournament. Players are assigned a random arena they haven’t played before.

Because of that you can end up in the situation you describe if you have many more arenas available than is “needed” to play the tournament. With 7 players and 20 machines you only “need” 3 machines so you have a massive surplus.

You’ll be no better off choosing random. You’ll most likely see more repeats than with balanced since balanced is really just “random with restrictions”.

• DQ available as finish position

In tournaments normally a DQ is treated as worse then last to help stem the behavior, but in the software the most you can do is give a last. An option to put in DQ for 0 peoples would be very helpful for this.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Keep Track of Each Player's Total Strikes Per Round

Under the Rounds tab of a knockout tournament, it shows how many strikes each player has earned. There always seems to be a question which round a player earned their X # strike. This information cannot be obtained at the end because everyone (except the champ) has the same amount of strikes showing each round.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Update tgp.slapsave.com

I noticed tgp.slapsave.com is hosted by matchplay.events . I'm not sure if you run that website as well, and I'm also not sure if much has changed on IFPA's side of things, but it is running WPPR 5.2, I believe IFPA is onto WPPR 5.4 now.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

I do run both websites, but it’s too time consuming to maintain. I’m happy to hand it over to IFPA but won’t be doing any updates in the foreseeable future. The differences between WPPR 5.2 and 5.4 as far as the calculator is concerned are very small though.

• Progressive strikes

Try to set it so that when there's a three player group the strikes are 0,2,3. If two players 3 strikes go to player 2.

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Passwordless Logins

(or much longer sessions)
              Occasionally weird folks like myself will rely on password managers without mobile support.

Because of this, the last few times I've logged in to MP via my phone have been via password reset to a non-recorded password.

A similar level of security could be achieved by allowing users to request a link with login token, to be delivered via email or SMS, also reducing login friction.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)