Skip to content

General

16 results found

1. Progressive strikes

Try to set it so that when there's a three player group the strikes are 0,2,3. If two players 3 strikes go to player 2.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add FSPA scoring for match play tournaments

"For three-player games, the winner is awarded three (3) points, and the second-place player gets two (2) points. A bonus point is awarded to the winner if he exceeds the sum of the second- and third-place player's scores. Otherwise, the bonus point is given to the third-place player.

For four-player games, the winner is awarded three (3) points, the second-place player two (2) points, and the third-place player one (1) point. One bonus point is allocated to either the first- or third-place player, as in a three-player match. Another bonus point is given to the second-place player if his score…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Lowest score player receieves bye, instead of random

We had a head-to-head matchplay tournament where 1 player received a bye each round. The would sometimes go to the player with the most points, cementing their qualification for the final. If instead the bye would go to the player with the least points, it would have less impact on the final qualifying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. App for matchplay

An app would be really helpful to td’s
    Being able to save series settings for arenas and format are the big things that i think an app would help with
    Also not having to keep a tab open on a browser
    Most tds use ipads for scorekeeping so an app would make sense

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There's very few features that are only possible in an app and not in the current browser solution. All the while developing an app would take an enormous amount of time -- time that's better spent building new features. For that reason you won't see an app for Match Play.

5. More than 4 strikes group knockout tournament?

I know we have fair strikes and progressive strikes but the standard 2, 3, or 4 strikes with 4 strikes being the max. Can we increase the max to 5 or 6? I am asking for the format where you give a strike to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Only 1st place doesn't get a strike. According to IFPA the max is 20 TGP. If we had more strikes allowed we could get that to 25 TGP but the system maxes out a 4 strikes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add features to flag/hide names of minors

Recently, I was informed of a concern regarding the appearance of the name of an underage player in my player blog. It would be useful to have some kind of a feature that either flags or hides information that parents don't want to be public.

This could be automatically keyed on birthday, for example, and linked to a parent's player record on Matchplay.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I do not wish to track the ages of players. The tournament organizer is always in full control of the player names and can even change them after a tournament is concluded.

If a parent do not wish for their child to be listed under their legal name they should request the tournament organizer use a pseudonym or list the child by their initial (like “J. Smith”) or something else entirely (can be as creative as one wants).

7. Group Knockout, Progressive [Balanced] strikes (0/1/2/3)

Not sure if this would be a "new" format, or just an option on the existing Progressive strikes format.

The scheme is:
    0, 1, 2, 3 strikes for four players (same as Progressive)
    0, 1, 3 for three players (between Fair Strike and Progressive)
    0, 2 for two players (same as Fair Strike)

In a Fair Strike playing to 6 strikes guarantees players 3 rounds of play, and in this case, we'd play to 7 strikes (or maybe 8).

Reasoning behind this is a scheme where strikes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place are all different. Currently, in Fair…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Custom scoring for group match play

I would like to use match play for my league, but we use a different scoring system than any of the ones listed.

Would be nice to be able to add custom scoring so we could add in our league's scoring, but also could allow folks to experiment with different scoring options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Flip Frenzy - Average games per player

The average games per player (needed for IFPA results submissions) is not displayed anywhere on the normal pages used by the TD to manage a tournament and report results. I did find it on live link standings page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Flip Frenzy - Allow players to submit results

Currently in Flip Frenzy tournaments, there is no way for players to submit results for their matches, like they can in other tournament formats. We'd like to see this capability extended to Flip Frenzy tournaments as well. We think this will speed up the time between matches a lot and improve the accuracy of the recorded results.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Player submitted scores will encourage too many actions that will be detrimental to the integrity of the tournament. Players submitted scores before their game is really over for example. In addition this tournament relies on timing too much — the tournament organizer would still have to manually approve suggested results and tell players what game to go on. It’s just not worth the effort.

11. Flip Frenzy - Tiebreaker question

This is question... What is the preferred way score a tiebreaker for a Flip Frenzy tournament? We had a tie for 1st place and chose a game at random as a tiebreaker. After that game completed, we weren't sure the best way to reflect the results in MatchPlay. We ended up adjusting the winning player's score manually, but it took some trial and error to figure out how the adjustments affected his wins/losses and in the end his overall score.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix "balanced" arena picks

I frequently encounter the system picking the same games when some games have not been selected at all when using the Balanced option. I'm to the point of using random for fewer redraws as we have plenty of machines. I typically run 3 strike knockout tournaments with about 7 players and 20 machines, if that helps. Perhaps I am just not understanding the Balanced option? I thought it would try to select games that haven't been drawn in the tourney yet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s a bit of a misunderstanding of what the balanced arena setting does. The balanced setting’s only goal is to make sure players do not play the same machine multiple times.

It does not attempt to spread out games over all the available arenas in the tournament. Players are assigned a random arena they haven’t played before.

Because of that you can end up in the situation you describe if you have many more arenas available than is “needed” to play the tournament. With 7 players and 20 machines you only “need” 3 machines so you have a massive surplus.

You’ll be no better off choosing random. You’ll most likely see more repeats than with balanced since balanced is really just “random with restrictions”.

13. DQ available as finish position

In tournaments normally a DQ is treated as worse then last to help stem the behavior, but in the software the most you can do is give a last. An option to put in DQ for 0 peoples would be very helpful for this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Keep Track of Each Player's Total Strikes Per Round

Under the Rounds tab of a knockout tournament, it shows how many strikes each player has earned. There always seems to be a question which round a player earned their X # strike. This information cannot be obtained at the end because everyone (except the champ) has the same amount of strikes showing each round.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Update tgp.slapsave.com

I noticed tgp.slapsave.com is hosted by matchplay.events . I'm not sure if you run that website as well, and I'm also not sure if much has changed on IFPA's side of things, but it is running WPPR 5.2, I believe IFPA is onto WPPR 5.4 now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I do run both websites, but it’s too time consuming to maintain. I’m happy to hand it over to IFPA but won’t be doing any updates in the foreseeable future. The differences between WPPR 5.2 and 5.4 as far as the calculator is concerned are very small though.

16. Passwordless Logins

(or much longer sessions)
    Occasionally weird folks like myself will rely on password managers without mobile support.

Because of this, the last few times I've logged in to MP via my phone have been via password reset to a non-recorded password.

A similar level of security could be achieved by allowing users to request a link with login token, to be delivered via email or SMS, also reducing login friction.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General