Skip to content

General

40 results found

1. Allow Broadcast View when not signed in as tournament director

I sometimes run the tournaments so I'm signed in as me and can get to the broadcast view. I'll be doing more streaming in the near future and it would be nice to be able to access the broadcast view without having to make the TD log into matchplay on my streaming rig.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow players to enter actual scores in all tournament formats

I've started extracting players scores from the API for players to track how they're improving and to see which games they are playing well at.

It would be great if you could add an optional game score to matchplay formats along side 1st 2nd etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Support Vanity URL in (in next.mp.events)

In the current version of matchplay.events, you get a random sequence of numbers and letters for the match play live link; but you're able to edit that portion of the vanity URL to choose a more meaningful URL. With the new version at next.matchplay.events, there is no vanity URL field and all tournament URLs just end with a number.

I like having a vanity URL for my tournaments because I'm able to keep them all consistent (I use "abbreviation-yyyy-mm-dd"). This also looks much nicer on the flyers that I print out telling new players where to go to find the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. option to automatically add top seeds from tournament into finals

not sure why there isn't an option to start playoffs as a continuation of the tournament instead of basically starting over and having to add the players manually

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Prevent ancient tournaments from filling my Dashboard

Since participating in the beta, I have seen five very old tournaments that were never closed on my Dashboard. In some cases, I have no contact with the TD or the TD isn't around any more. It's not too many, but if the trend continues eventually my Playing In... section will grow very tall. As a TD myself, the Active Tournaments and Active Series sections are more important to me. Barring a way to remove these ancient tournaments from my Playing In... section, I would suggest moving the Playing In... section below the Active Tournaments and Active Series sections (and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is good feedback and ultimately I'll probably get to a point where tournaments automatically close after a set amount of time, but for now I've limited the "playing in..." section to tournaments in the past 3 months. Hopefully that cleans up your list a bit.

6. In Beta version allow use of pinball map data like alpha version for adding arenas

In Beta version allow use of pinball map data like alpha version for adding arenas

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. tournament - player - stats should scale to the size of the event

Rather than some huge number of participants, the graphs for an event should only scale out to the number of participants in the event.
    example: https://matchplay.events/live/jd038/players/105163/stats has a graph with 186 as max scale for the number or participants, but the event only had 34. This leads to significant flattening of the performance chart.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Flip Frenzy - Improved arena assignments

We noticed in our Flip Frenzy tournament that the arena selection algorithm didn't seem to take into account frequency of play for both the players and the whole tournament in general. Some arenas got chosen much more than others and some players frequently got assigned the same arenas they've played before when there were other arenas available that they haven't played. We'd like to see an attempt to spread out the matches as evenly as possible across all the available arenas (we have many more arenas available than we have matches) and we'd like to see an attempt to avoid…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Assign arenas from all available for Flip Frenzy tournaments

For Flip Frenzy tournaments where the number of available arenas for play is greater than the number of matches, automatically select the next match from the pool of available arenas.

It seems the way it works now, is to lock in the number of arenas in play at the beginning of the tournament based on the number of participants and the size of the queue. Arenas can be added from the unused part of the pool when there are arena malfunctions, and that's fine. However, it you just try to activate an arena from the unused pool after the tournament…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The behavior you’re seeking already exists.

Before you start your tournament, add all your 80 arenas to the tournament.

When you start the tournament, 25 of these arenas will have games created on them. The remaining 55 arenas will be visible in the left hand sidebar on the “Queue” page.

Whenever a match finishes, Match Play will create the next game using any of the 55 “idle” arenas. This will happen automatically any time there are extra arenas visible in the sidebar.

You should not click the “activate” button for any of those arenas unless you specifically want to decrease your queue.

10. Arena Malfunctions on Flip Frenzy tournaments

For Flip Frenzy tournaments, when there is an arena malfunction, instead of only allowing the players to be moved to the queue, offer the option of choosing another available arena. The current default behavior seems to be for a situation where there are a fixed number of arenas. For our location we have many more available arenas than current matches in play, so we would like to immediately assign the players on the malfunctioned arena to an available machine and not put them in the queue. In fact, the way malfunctions are currently handled makes the players wait on the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Replacing an arena with another is already possible. It’s just a two-step process.

First you click the “arena malfunction” button. This removes the arena from the tournament and places the two players at the top of the queue.

Then you activate an additional arena. If there are open arenas already active in the tournament you can just click the “activate” button in the left sidebar on the “Queue” page.

Otherwise switch to the “Arenas” page and add another arena to your tournament. Then switch back to the “Queue” page and activate the arena there.

When a new arena is activated the top two players from the queue are placed on the new arena. The effect is exactly what you want.

11. Preserve Seed Order in Bulk Upload

When doing a bulk upload, the order of the list of players is not necessarily preserved in terms of seeding order because of parallel processing. It would be nice to have an option in bulk upload that says "Order of Players is Seed Order" which would force a linear processing and preserve the order for Seeding.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Flip Frenzy or PinballPinballPinball Score Tracking

I am interested in a seeing a tournament type that support a "Flip Frenzy" or "PinballPinballPinball" format.

http://tiltforums.com/t/pinball-pinball-pinball-tournament-report-and-format-discussion/590

• No set rounds: You play as many games as you can in the time frame, but there is no concept of a "round" concluding before a new game can be added
    • A queue and auto-assignment. If a person is not on a game, they are in the queue. When a game is concluded, player 2 comes off the game and is entered into the queue. The first person in line in the queue is added as player 1 on the game that…
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now organize Flip Frenzy (a.k.a. Pinball! Pinball! Pinball!) tournaments on Match Play. You can use a virtual queue or run your own queue. If you opt for you own queue MP is just a vehicle for keeping track of results.

With a virtual queue MP will manage the entire tournament. A countdown timer will keep track of your tournament time so you don’t accidentally keep the tournament running for too long. You can handle players who don’t show up for their games and machine malfunctions.

There’s quite a bit of freedom hidden in the configuration options as well. You can specify the initial queue size and MP will rotate arenas if you have “too many” arenas.

Flip Frenzy is a hectic format I strongly suggest anyone wanting to organize these tournaments create a couple of test tournaments in order to become familiar with all the new buttons. You…

13. Allow a logo to be uploaded for tournaments and leagues

The addition of a logo to help personalize a torunament and/or series page would be cool!

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a Date Column on the My tournaments Screen

When looking for the results of monthly reoccurring tournaments with the same name, it is often difficult to find the one you're looking for. This is especially true when TDs clone one but fail to change the date.

Please consider adding a Date column to easily find a specific tournament.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create a Match Play Handbook

The handbook would contain documentation for all tournament formats and the individual tournament options.

Would also contain general documentation on how to use Match Play and some information on how to run tournament in general.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Go to https://matchplay.events/handbook or expand the “person” icon in the top right and click “Handbook” (or click the “Documentation” link in the footer) and you’ll get to the new Match Play Handbook.

The handbook has a ton of documentation that was hidden or non-existent. I aim to keep the handbook updated with answers to common questions in the future so I can write more code and fewer emails.

If you don’t find an answer in the handbook please keep emailing me! That’s the only way for me to know what I should be adding to the handbook!

17. Provide a way for users to view the tournaments associated to Potential Identities in order to confirm if it is in fact them

RIght now only the Tournament Organizer is listed, but the name isn't clickable, so it's hard to confirm whether you participated in their tournament. (Sometimes the event is run under the Match Play account of someone who isn't very visible to participants.)

It would be useful to have the tournament name listed or at least the Tournament Organizer clickable, so you could view their profile.

Alternatively, being able to search on Tournament Organizer would also be useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change player stats

During a progressive strikes event, the player results page just shows trophies next to my matches. Can we change that to say how many strikes you got or the finishing positions of your group?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Additional Customization on Ladder Bracket Format

Currently, the ladder bracket format eliminates the 4th place finisher. Would be nice to allow TDs to have the option of eliminating bottom 2 or 3 players to speed things along.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A new variation on the Ladder elimination bracket is available. In a normal ladder only the loser in each four-player game is elimination.

In a fast ladder both the third place and the fourth place finisher is eliminated and the next two players from the ladder will replace them. Once only four players remain the next game will be the final game (unlike a regular ladder where there will be a three-player and finally a two-player game).

To create a fast ladder create a “Ladder elimination bracket” tournament and switch the “ladder type” option to “fast ladder”.

20. Provide way to draw a random arena (independent of any match)

There are various instances where it's handy for the TD to get a random arena that isn't tied to a specific match, typically as a ranking match. In my case, we've needed it for a 3rd/4th ranking match, a tie breaker for our "Top Rookie" award, and a tie breaker for our "First Place (Women's)" award.

I'd like to see a button in Arenas or Rounds that draws an arena and displays it in a popup. Maybe a refresh/redraw button in that popup. In my case, just drawing from all active arenas, even if they're in-use for the current round,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

General